Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to sign in Apple ID to iPhone

iPhone 11 Pro Max showed that I have to Sign In with Apple ID, but upon entering password, the phone just keep prompting "continue" and no other message. The only way is to back out and many function is not available including password.

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:22 AM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2022 11:53 AM in response to herkea

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

What happens when you use the same Apple ID & Password that you use to sign in here?

Try this -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

See also -> Related Article -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

Sep 27, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Raicya

The problem was as I described. The iPhone kept coming back to the screen showing "Updating Apple ID, continue". Hit Continue, it would come back to the same screen. It is a dead end. I chat with an advisor online. She helped me to logout "iCloud keychain" and then log back in to iCloud using the the same Apple ID. That worked and eliminated the message "Updating your Apple ID". I had the problem on 11 Pro Max, then 14 Pro Max. Both are working now with the same solution.

unable to sign in Apple ID to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.