Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore backup password not working

My old phone was iPhone 7. I did backup using iTunes. I have new iPhone11 now, and cannot restore it due to a prompt for password on the backup. I was not asked to set up a pw during the backup. I have tried my Apple ID pw, my phone's sign on code, etc, to no effect. I tried 0000 and 1234, then 0000 & 1234 as I read that in an online help chat. I may have to do another backup, but my IT dept said to NOT TURN on old phone after I activated the new one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. - thx

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:13 PM

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 2:13 PM in response to iphun11

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

restore backup password not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.