Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group contacts

how do I get group contacts from my laptop to my iPad without recreating the groups? I can’t figure how to put the groups on icloud.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:40 PM

See the articles Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

See some articles iCloud: Export a contact as a vCard from iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Import a contact into iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Create a group in iCloud Contacts

Note : you can transfer contacts from iCloud.com using a web browser to another group , but groups created from iPad will not sync in iCloud.com or Mac , the contacts from All iCloud that were saved inside it will sync when iPad / Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network ( the contacts box from Mac / iPad should always be turned as on ) .

if you had created a group " A " in iPad , that won't sync in iCloud.com you have to manually create the same group with same name " A " in iCloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 11:40 PM in response to 502user

See the articles Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

See some articles iCloud: Export a contact as a vCard from iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Import a contact into iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Create a group in iCloud Contacts

Note : you can transfer contacts from iCloud.com using a web browser to another group , but groups created from iPad will not sync in iCloud.com or Mac , the contacts from All iCloud that were saved inside it will sync when iPad / Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network ( the contacts box from Mac / iPad should always be turned as on ) .

if you had created a group " A " in iPad , that won't sync in iCloud.com you have to manually create the same group with same name " A " in iCloud.com

Group contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.