Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iPhone X seems to be stuck at downloading software

I have an iPhone X in recovery mode connected to my MacBook and I attempted to do the update process which had failed so I then done the restore process which it shows that it is downloading software for the restore process to my MacBook but then shuts down and does nothing on my MacBook or my iPhone X. What do I need to do. This all began when the iPhone X was going through a software update and never turned back on. It just shows and flashes the apple logo. We have done the hard reset as well. I would like to get this iPhone X fixed because it’s not an old phone and we would really like to use it for a backup phone in case something happens to any of our iPhone 13’s that we have now. What would the next process be if the restore process doesn’t complete?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 1:13 AM

Connect iPhone to Mac

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes/Finder doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...

Here is the process to --> Backup on iTunes.

The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Restore iPhone X seems to be stuck at downloading software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.