Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio distortion on MacBook Pro

My MAC Book Pro has audio distortion and weak volume. how do I fix???

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:03 PM

Test with headphones or external speakers. If the issue is only with the built-in speakers, then the laptop will need to be repaired. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

FYI, it really helps to mention the exact model Mac you have since some laptops like the MBPro 2013-2015 models (especially the 2014 model) are known to have speaker failures. I've never seen any other Apple laptop models (or any other non-Apple laptops) have such a high rate of speaker failures. You can get the exact model of the Mac by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 9:03 PM in response to 7ricky

Test with headphones or external speakers. If the issue is only with the built-in speakers, then the laptop will need to be repaired. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

FYI, it really helps to mention the exact model Mac you have since some laptops like the MBPro 2013-2015 models (especially the 2014 model) are known to have speaker failures. I've never seen any other Apple laptop models (or any other non-Apple laptops) have such a high rate of speaker failures. You can get the exact model of the Mac by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

Audio distortion on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.