Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro 2022 doesnt have airplay option, what do I do?

Normal Macbook on top. My Macbook is below. I cannot connect my Macbook wirelessly to a Smart TV, I have looked everywhere and there is no option for that. Please help suggest a solution or patch or a 3rd party app that can help.

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 8:58 AM

1 reply

Sep 29, 2022 6:30 PM in response to justvictor

Hello, justvictor.

To start us off, please take a look at the steps in this article that explain how to use AirPlay on your Mac: Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple Support. As you can see in the steps, the options you have to share depend on the type of content you want to share.

For streaming to an HDTV specifically, check: Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support.

1. "Make sure your Mac and Apple TV are on the same network.
    2. Click the Screen Mirroring icon  in the Control Center, then choose your Apple TV. 
    3. To set whether your desktop matches the size of the Mac screen or the TV screen, click the AirPlay status icon  then choose This Mac or your Apple TV. When you’re using AirPlay Mirroring, the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar is blue."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

My macbook pro 2022 doesnt have airplay option, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.