Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 accounts in media and purchases

I recently changed my media and purchases appleid. my iMac system preferences displays "2 accounts" under Media and Purchases. however, it only displays one account to manage if i click on media and purchases. my iTunes will unilaterally sign in to the old apple Id, which appears to be causing errors in synching with my iPhone and iPad. how do i stop my computer from accessing the old appleid.

thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 10:40 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 28, 2022 11:18 PM in response to Miloracle

Miloracle Said:

"2 accounts in media and purchases: I recently changed my media and purchases appleid. my iMac system preferences displays '2 accounts' under Media and Purchases[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Multiple Accounts:

There Things:

A. Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing.

B. Recommend this to Apple:

You can recommend to Apple that they make this a feature of Apple accounts.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

and...

C. As an Alternative...

Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.  Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

2 accounts in media and purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.