Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone call to one individual shows up as a group call in recent calls

I just updated to iOS 16 and when I make a call to one person, my recents call log shows up with another contact I didn’t call, making it look like a group call.

It is the same when receiving a call and missed calls. It’s a pain especially when I get missed calls as there are two contacts and I don’t know which one I really missed the call from.

Clicking on the names naturally starts a Group FaceTime call. I have tried everything and doesn’t help.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:47 AM

My phone recently updated to the ISO 16.11. Since that time my phone log shows multiple people on my recent call list. Sometimes it shows people I haven’t even called along with another random number (which I didn’t call either). For example it will list that I called a person on my contact list with another number next to it also that isn’t associated with that person. I don’t make these calls. Does this mean my phone has been hacked? Any thoughts or experiences with similar issues is appreciated.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Yaduba

My phone recently updated to the ISO 16.11. Since that time my phone log shows multiple people on my recent call list. Sometimes it shows people I haven’t even called along with another random number (which I didn’t call either). For example it will list that I called a person on my contact list with another number next to it also that isn’t associated with that person. I don’t make these calls. Does this mean my phone has been hacked? Any thoughts or experiences with similar issues is appreciated.

Nov 21, 2022 2:42 AM in response to Mikey1013

This has worked for me :-

1. Open the Phone app, then tap Recents to view a list of recent calls

2. Tap Edit.

3. Delete your entire call history or a specific call. To clear all history, tap Clear, then tap Clear All Recents. To clear a single call, tap the Delete button, then tap Delete.

Then

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Nov 11, 2022 3:32 PM in response to Yaduba

Same problem once I updated my ios on my iphone. I had a funny discussion with my friend and my husband that everyone was swearing the other one had called them! It’s very annoying and frustrating.

Also everytime I go to recent calls and once to call again, it automatically decided to change a normal call to facetime call! Very annoying.

Sep 30, 2022 9:42 AM in response to Yaduba

Hello Yaduba,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about your calls not showing as they should, and we'd like to help. To start, let's make sure your phone is updated, as there has been a recent update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If your device is updated, and a restart didn't help, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support from here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards.

Phone call to one individual shows up as a group call in recent calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.