Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.0.2 Update - Now unable to delete iMessage conversations on iPhone 13 Pro since update

This morning I updated my iPhone 13 Pro to iOS 16.0.2. Since then, I am unable to delete iMessage conversations. Swiping and pressing Delete will just make the message briefly disappear and then instantly reappear. Delete is successful only for non-iMessage conversations or group conversations involving mixed iMessage and non-iMessage participants. Note that prior to the update, I had no such issues.

Have tried power-cycling my iPhone 13 (turning it off and then back on again). Have also tried a Reset|Reset Network Settings. Neither steps helped.

Is this a bug on the iOS 16.0.2 update? Any ideas?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 2:23 PM

If you're having trouble deleting text messages on your iPhone after iOS 16.0.2 update

Try force quitting your Messages app

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. "

Second, open the Messages again to see if it's fixed your problem.

Third option is to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Finally, if that doesn't work, you might need to wait for the next update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 2:23 PM in response to buddyc.22

If you're having trouble deleting text messages on your iPhone after iOS 16.0.2 update

Try force quitting your Messages app

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. "

Second, open the Messages again to see if it's fixed your problem.

Third option is to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Finally, if that doesn't work, you might need to wait for the next update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iOS 16.0.2 Update - Now unable to delete iMessage conversations on iPhone 13 Pro since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.