Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Temperature tracking not working.

Sleep focus is on and I’ve been wearing Apple Watch 8 while sleeping for about 12 days now all night and it still says “no data” under temperature. I made sure that under privacy on watch settings that temperature is on. What else can I do? All other sleep data shows up.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 12:00 PM

I'm having a similar problem, my watch tracked my temperature up until February, and since then it says "no data", what's the problem?

78 replies

Oct 12, 2022 7:29 AM in response to NickCampbell0089

My sleep focus is on, I have seen the Sleep stages each day since I have had the watch. At this point im considering replacing my device, because apple wants to recreate this issue, by having me start the logging of files, and the engineers look at it. Anyone else solve this by not turning on sleep focus, because all that is on, cause I see my sleep tracking with stages (REM, etc)

Sep 30, 2022 6:00 PM in response to Yuck6681

Hello, Yuck6681.

The article linked to your posting details the steps to take to track your sleep temps: Track your nightly wrist temperature with Apple Watch Series 8 - Apple Support. This should take about 5 days or so to begin recording, so you should be seeing it at 12 days.

Please confirm that all of the following are correct:

1. Wrist detection is enabled. (Open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Tap My Watch > Passcode > Wrist Detection)
    2. Sleep Focus is set up and being used overnight. (Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support)
    3. You are sleeping at least 4 hours in a row.
    4. Your battery does not run out before waking.
    5. Your watch fits properly on your wrist. (Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support)
    6. If you use accessories like cases or screen films, please remove those.
    7. The original band (or an Apple-made band) is being used.

If all those are accurate, please let us know. If not, make the changes and test for another 5 nights.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Oct 13, 2023 3:34 AM in response to Yuck6681

This is so frustrating to me and I’ve been having the same issues but came to a small realisation that might help.

I too have no data under body temperature, Basal body temperature , or water temperature which is super annoying because it’s one of the main reasons I upgraded to series 9.

However, I have just found out that if you search for wrist temperature and you have the correct settings (sleep schedule etc) you should see your wrist temperature. In a way, this is actually more frustrating because I know it’s capable of tracking temperature.

Nov 5, 2022 4:08 AM in response to Arkwitz

Just a small update to my last post, I do believe now there is an issue with focus tracking not properly triggering on the watch even though sleep schedule, mirror iPhone, focus, etc are set correctly. I did not manually turn it on the other night and sure enough it did not track, turned it on last night before I went to bed and it tracked. I’ve been slowly testing and trying to narrow it down and so far this has been my conclusion.

Dec 15, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Nycoy

My method of turning sleep focus on manually turned out to be just a coincidence and still getting mixed results. At this point there is no rhyme or reason that I can figure out on why it just decides to work, tried resets, restarts, setting up as new, resetting the settings and setting back up the focuses and sleep schedule and the tracking just seems to have a mind of its own at this point.

It just works it some increments and sometimes goes for a few days in a row and then just stops. I stopped at November 5th and just let it flow, latest update for phone and watch and it’s still doing it.

Oct 27, 2022 8:39 AM in response to rpk5078

I was having the same issue. I thought I was doing everything right (wearing charged watch at night with sleep focus on). Finally found in my watch settings that under my watch —> general —> focus I did not have the setting toggled for my watch to mirror my phone’s setting, so even though my phone was in sleep mode my watch was not. That finally triggered the countdown

Oct 19, 2022 8:58 AM in response to gtot

I found the fix for Body Temps.

• I had sleep focus, sleep schedule all on, everything that was discussed above, and that didn't fix it
  • What worked was: reset my Apple Watch ultra, delete sleep schedule, and set up Apple Watch ultra as NEW, and create a new sleep schedule. THAT WORKED. It seems it didn't like the data from my old Apple Watch 4!

Oct 20, 2022 8:17 AM in response to ALubyk

Did you do the following

• Make sure phone and watch are updated to the latest OS
  • Make sure all those settings above are on as discussed?
  • Then delete your sleep schedule entirely from your iPhone
  • Factory Reset your Apple Watch (including deleting data, and dont save settings)
  • Set Up Apple Watch again with your phone AS NEW, do not set it up from a previous backup!!
  • Once setup, create a sleep schedule on your iPhone, and make sure it also shows up on the Apple Watch...and then wait 5 days, the ticker should go down saying "it needs 3 more days to track body temp"

Also curious, in your Apple Watch, if you scroll from the bottom, do you see the "Green Bed" icon if you click on the Crescent Moon (thats the do not disturb option), like the image I attached?

Oct 12, 2022 3:58 AM in response to rpk5078

Hmmm, I’m assuming your iOS is up to date on both phone and watch? My ultra will only take wrist temp if the sleep focus is on. The screen doesn’t dim it turns all the way off and requires me to hold the crown down for 10 seconds or so to unlock. This happens as soon as sleep focus comes on. I have sleep focus scheduled to come on at 9:30 and the Ultra and iPhone but deactivate the always on display as soon as the focus starts.

This is the settings for me sleep focus. I’m using the focus that come pre-installed on iPhone. Under options I have sleep screen turned on

Oct 18, 2022 4:31 PM in response to gtot

I sleep with the silicone loop or alpine. Both fit snug around my wrist. These are the ones I wear to sleep. Side note: when I was using a custom focus all sleep data showed up but the wrist temp. Weird. But when I switched to the pre-installed sleep focus it started working. I also use a sleep schedule that I set up in the sleep focus setting screen

Temperature tracking not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.