Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud

I have two iPhones, old and new, they are connected by one Apple ID and one iCloud , I want to sell the old phone, how do I remove all settings from it so that the information is not deleted from the new phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 6:19 AM

See What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This document takes you through the steps to transfer your old iPhone's data, set up your new iPhone, and then sign out of iCloud services and erase your old one ready for selling.

In setting up a new iPhone I always follow the procedure described in the support document Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support which is to restore an iCloud backup of your iPhone to your new iPhone - see step 5.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 6:19 AM in response to Kristina_2003

See What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This document takes you through the steps to transfer your old iPhone's data, set up your new iPhone, and then sign out of iCloud services and erase your old one ready for selling.

In setting up a new iPhone I always follow the procedure described in the support document Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support which is to restore an iCloud backup of your iPhone to your new iPhone - see step 5.

ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.