Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app doesn't work on my Google TV

Has anyone had this issue? My Sony TV model (only a year old! and purchased last month) apparently isn't on the list on compatible devices yet "Google TV" is and my TV is a Google TV, so what's the problem? What can't I get it to work on my TV? Thanks for any help.

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM

Sony TVs are separately listed, as the app support by model is done in consultation with Sony.

Non-Sony Android TVs are listed separately.

The Google TV listed is for the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle, I don’t think for TVs with the Google TV OS at this time.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Unlisted models should be considered unsupported.

You could contact Sony and/or Apple to express your wishes for a native app for your model smart TV.

Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 8:30 AM in response to FrustratedbyAppTV

Sony TVs are separately listed, as the app support by model is done in consultation with Sony.

Non-Sony Android TVs are listed separately.

The Google TV listed is for the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle, I don’t think for TVs with the Google TV OS at this time.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Unlisted models should be considered unsupported.

You could contact Sony and/or Apple to express your wishes for a native app for your model smart TV.

Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

Apple TV app doesn't work on my Google TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.