Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing custom size envelope

Hello. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I don't know where else to put it. I am not getting any response on the HP forum. Here's my question and maybe someone here can help.

I have created a custom envelope size on my computer (8.75x5.75). It's the size of a greeting card, or a regular piece of paper folded in half. It's called envelope A9 in online lists of envelope sizes, but is not included in the list of paper sizes available on my HP Office Jet Pro 9019 printer. I've looked all over the HP website and followed the instructions to create a custom paper size and it shows up in the list on my computer but not in the list of paper/envelope sizes on the printer. When I set the printer to custom size, it doesn't recognize the size from my computer and instead prints like a #10 envelope. Is there a way to either add the size to the printer, or to get the printer to recognize the size coming from my computer? If this question should be on another forum, please let me know. Thanks very much for any help.

iMac Pro

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 12:45 PM

I think I got it. I forgot about page setup. I selected A9 on page setup and also in the print dialog and put custom size on my printer. It seems to have worked. Thank you so much for your help.

Steve

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 29, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Stephen Glick

What system version are you running?

Does your HP printer have a system that will let you insert envelopes between guides (usually in the center of the entrance) for printing?

Also will it let you insert it at the left or right side of the entrance and drag it thru successfully. If so create the address, return address, etc. on a 8.5. x 11 blank form and print from that. This say you couldn't print from your Contact book.

See if you have ISO C5 listed under International envelopes.

See if the ISO 5 is close enough to the A9 that you can use it.

Sep 29, 2022 12:44 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad. Thanks for your reply.

I'm using an old system High Sierra 10.13.6.

Yes, I can insert envelopes between two guides in the middle of the paper tray. I cannot move the two guides to the edge.

My printer menu does have C5. I also have C5 in the computer print dialog.

My computer print dialog looks different than yours.

I tried it and it doesn't work. I still get a #10 envelope size.

Sep 29, 2022 2:38 PM in response to Stephen Glick

Then the method of printing to the corner of a letter sized paper and running the envelope either on the right or left edge of the paper entrance. For that would have the guides moved to their widest orientation.

Or create a template in Pages or some other app that you can create a 5.75 x 8.75 text box whose top edge is at the top of the letter sized layout and centered left to right at the center of the layout. Put the return address and address in the right locations and print with the envelope centered with the guides. I do some of each when creating my own greeting cards and printing them myself.

Printing custom size envelope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.