Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages

the pages keep quitting unexpectedly and then I go to reopen, and it just keeps giving me the quitting unexpectedly screen. I tried rebooting and it's still happening.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 4:56 PM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2022 6:52 AM in response to sstrickfaden

After you have rebooted your Mac, press and hold the shift key while launching Pages. This will force it to ignore its last saved application state (crash) and that may be sufficient for you to use it normally. If that works, you only need to do this once. Otherwise…

Assuming you are not attempting to open a Pages document directly from Microsoft's OneDrive (encrypted), or you are attempting to open a damaged Pages document from Google Drive, shut down your Mac and boot into Safe Boot mode. This will clear System caches, and rebuild the font caches (among other things). Again, press and hold the shift key while launching Pages. Reboot normally, and try launching Pages without the shift-key workaround.

pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.