Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Monthly Challenges are too hard!

Why do the Apple challenges reach such an unattainable level after a while? They should push you but not be outrageous! I was supposed to workout 340 minutes a day to reach my goal this month - totally outrageous.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 5:49 AM

Monthly challenges are based off you previous workout and exercise data,they are different for everybody.And yes they do get harder as time goes on,this is to get you to work harder and get fitter.

Some challenges are nearly impossible to reach.Whatever goals you set in the activity app,just stick with these and don't go way over your goal or else that over the top figure will become your next monthly figure and it will be a lot higher and harder to achieve.

What I do is once I've reach my exercise goals I take the watch off,so far it's worked because I haven't had a monthly challenge that I couldn't complete for a very long time and I've been doing this for about 5 years now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 5:49 AM in response to KarissaBC

Monthly challenges are based off you previous workout and exercise data,they are different for everybody.And yes they do get harder as time goes on,this is to get you to work harder and get fitter.

Some challenges are nearly impossible to reach.Whatever goals you set in the activity app,just stick with these and don't go way over your goal or else that over the top figure will become your next monthly figure and it will be a lot higher and harder to achieve.

What I do is once I've reach my exercise goals I take the watch off,so far it's worked because I haven't had a monthly challenge that I couldn't complete for a very long time and I've been doing this for about 5 years now.

Sep 30, 2022 5:32 AM in response to KarissaBC

The challenges are meant to push you to do more. So naturally they get harder as you go along.

They take what you have done and add a bit more to push you along.

If you are getting 340 minutes of workout a day it means that you have done some long workouts and that this is just a bit more.

To get them lower you'll need to miss completing them for a few months

Apple Watch Monthly Challenges are too hard!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.