Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Maybe: (Name)”

How do i make it so that MY contact info does not show up on someone else’s phone as “maybe: (name)?” For example, if I message someone new through imessage who does not have me in their contacts, is there a way to change it so that they don’t see the “maybe: (name)” ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 8:53 PM

Chinx_Y7 Said:

"'Maybe: (Name)': How do i make it so that MY contact info does not show up on someone else’s phone as “maybe: (name)?' For example, if I message someone new through imessage who does not have me in their contacts, is there a way to change it so that they don’t see the 'maybe: (name)' ?"

-------

Avoiding being Seen in Caller ID

If someone has Caller ID, then they may see your name. If someone has your name set up as one of their contacts, then they would see your name, if they assigned it to your name. So, you might be able to hide your phone number though your carrier, if they provide this. Normally, it would show as "Unavailable ID".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 8:53 PM in response to Chinx_Y7

Chinx_Y7 Said:

"'Maybe: (Name)': How do i make it so that MY contact info does not show up on someone else’s phone as “maybe: (name)?' For example, if I message someone new through imessage who does not have me in their contacts, is there a way to change it so that they don’t see the 'maybe: (name)' ?"

-------

Avoiding being Seen in Caller ID

If someone has Caller ID, then they may see your name. If someone has your name set up as one of their contacts, then they would see your name, if they assigned it to your name. So, you might be able to hide your phone number though your carrier, if they provide this. Normally, it would show as "Unavailable ID".

“Maybe: (Name)”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.