Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-ups

I always get so nervous about these things.

A pop up opened up on safari, on my phone when i was on a website saying 'do you want to download ads' or something (ids?) idk.

I pressed back, and it didnt leave the screen. I didnt click on the pop-up but I removed safari (swiped up) and then i cleared website and browsing data (I dont know the exact name).

I changed my apple id password and everything, went off wifi and restarted my phone. Cleared browsing data again and checked for any accounts in calendar etc.

Nothing unusual has happened to my phone, but I have anxiety and so I always need to ask someone.

Am I ok? (iPhone wise)

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:22 AM

You have nothing to worry about. It didn’t hurt to change your Apple ID password, but it wasn’t necessary, either.

When you see messages like that don’t touch the screen at all; instead, tap the “tabs” icon (the overlapping squares at the bottom right) and close the page.

Here’s more information on what occurred→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 7:22 AM in response to b_ambi_9

You have nothing to worry about. It didn’t hurt to change your Apple ID password, but it wasn’t necessary, either.

When you see messages like that don’t touch the screen at all; instead, tap the “tabs” icon (the overlapping squares at the bottom right) and close the page.

Here’s more information on what occurred→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Pop-ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.