Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion - impossibility to log ID

When I try to log in with my ID on my iMac, I get a text message with a code that I can't type anywhere in OS X Lion. What does the glorious Apple reply to this ? Does it care about its customers ? It doesn't even offer what OS X is Lion to choose :-) That's support then.

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 6:05 PM

Hello!

In OS X Lion, you can enter the two-factor authentication code following your password in the password field.

From Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support:

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

For example, if your Apple ID password is "MyPassword", and the two-factor authentication code is 123456, you enter "MyPassword123456".

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 6:05 PM in response to Freak1960

Hello!

In OS X Lion, you can enter the two-factor authentication code following your password in the password field.

From Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support:

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

For example, if your Apple ID password is "MyPassword", and the two-factor authentication code is 123456, you enter "MyPassword123456".

Jack

OS X Lion - impossibility to log ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.