Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bitdefender Uninstall leaves 600+ files Folder and files Password Protected in HD/Library/SystemExtensions

ACTUALLY RUNNING MacOS MONTEREY (not listed for topic)

Question is Asked and Answered to assist anybody else spending a lot of time attempting to delete these files.

I uninstalled Bitdefender and found I was left with numerous files which were also deleted one by one using EasyFinder. BUT

3x Files and Folder 41385560-De53-4F37-B929-6E21487A9935 remained password locked in SystemExtension.

Bitdefender Support dealing with 2 technicians late at night for over an hour resulted in you'll have to figure it out yourself in Safe Mode Terminal. (yer everybody is that savvy)

Anyway - BIG THANKS TO 'dailabrain' reply to 'rwscalif' on 2nd Nov 2021 which solved the problem

Safe Mode and open Terminal.

Type csrutil disable

Restart

Go To Main Screen

Go To Folder and delete password protected files

Return to Safe Mode Terminal after deletions completed

Type: csrutil enable (this is important to machine security)

Worked on this for three days until I found the post :)

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:19 PM

Bartnz Said:

"Question Asked and Answered: Posted to help anybody with same problem"

-------

For Note:

Be certain you reenable SIP with:

csrutil enable

Similar questions

3 replies

Bitdefender Uninstall leaves 600+ files Folder and files Password Protected in HD/Library/SystemExtensions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.