You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t pair iPhone remote with Apple TV on LG smart tv

I have lost my Apple TV remote. For a few years I used a remote app on my iphone and it worked perfectly. However as you probably know that app is gone now as iPhones have it already installed.

but here’s my problem. I go to connect my iphone remote to Apple TV that’s on my LG smart tv and I can’t put the code in anywhere on my lg tv. It doesn’t even register that I’m trying to connect my phone to it. I have it on the hdmi my Apple TV box is connected to. I have tried turning it on and off. But I still can’t type in the code on my iPhone onto anywhere on my tv. They are connected to the same wifi and I can screen share and use airplay

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:58 AM

The software remote in Control Center is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not 2nd generation or earlier.

Even on the 3rd generation model, you would need a functional remote to help set it up.

5 replies

Can’t pair iPhone remote with Apple TV on LG smart tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.