Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new iPad is stuck in Updating iCloud settings

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 3:11 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2022 2:54 PM in response to salmdpenn

Hello salmdpenn,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. If the device is still stuck updating the iCloud settings, try restarting it using the steps here:

"How to restart an iPad without a Home button

1. Press and hold either volume button and the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo."

Complete details on restarting are found here: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Next, are you signed in on more than one Apple device with your Apple ID and password? If so, you will need to make sure that all of your devices are running the most recent software. The guidance needed is found in the Apple Support articles:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Getting your devices up-to-date should remove the request to update your iCloud settings. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.