You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Payment not updating for family members

Hi

I have recently updated my payment details which are linked to family sharing, its all updated on my phone and ID the previous payment method has been deleted, but it is not updated for my husband, it still shows as the old payment method which no longer exists. We have googled it to try to find answer and all answers we are finding we have done already… does anyone have any ideas on how we can get the payment details to update for him, this has never been an issue before it has always automatically updated…. Is there a glitch somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help!

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 10:30 AM

Great to see that Apple support does NOT read the question.

I am having the same issue as above. I have changed the payment method for our Apple ID, and it is not showing in the family sharing accounts.

So the question is NOT: how to change payment method, but how de we get this updated for the rest of the family who now cannot make purchases….

An answer would be helpful, as there is nothing on any of the support sites…

M

17 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2022 10:30 AM in response to R_Gabriel

Great to see that Apple support does NOT read the question.

I am having the same issue as above. I have changed the payment method for our Apple ID, and it is not showing in the family sharing accounts.

So the question is NOT: how to change payment method, but how de we get this updated for the rest of the family who now cannot make purchases….

An answer would be helpful, as there is nothing on any of the support sites…

M

Nov 8, 2022 2:37 PM in response to lisa-marie67

I am having the exact same problem. I updated expiration date of credit card, but family members could still not make purchases because their devices still thought it was expired. I added a new card as family sharing organizer and deleted the old card. Family members still see the old card and cannot make purchases. I have tried logging family member out of iCloud and back in with out any success.

What to do?!

Nov 9, 2022 4:04 PM in response to gluteusmagnus

I did the same exact thing today as well and it too resolved the issue.

I did not restart my daughters iPhone, but when she tried to make a purchase I had to enter the credit card CVC code on her phone. That seemed odd since I had just verified it on my phone earlier in the day. And the point of shared payment is that a child would not need to enter any credit card info.

We also had to cancel a Roblox subscription on her phone and restart it in order for the new credit card to be used by the subscription.

Oct 2, 2022 4:30 PM in response to lisa-marie67

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities lisa-marie67,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We recommend checking out these steps on how to manage your payment methods and see if everything matches up on your side.

" How to change your payment method on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. From here, you can do these things:

iPhone showing payment methods including Apple ID balance and credit cards

Add a payment method — Tap Add Payment Method.

• Update a payment method — Tap the payment method, then edit your information. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you use the card with Apple Pay, go to the Wallet app to edit the card information.
    • Remove a payment method — Tap Edit, tap the red Delete button, then tap Remove. If you have an unpaid balance, have subscriptions including an iCloud storage plan, or you use purchase sharing, you can't remove all payment methods. Learn how to remove all payment methods.
    • Change the order of your payment methods — Tap Edit, then drag the move order icon .* "

For additional information, check out this link: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Nov 21, 2022 12:56 AM in response to lisa-marie67

i finally called apple support. The first guy didn’t know how to fix it but he put us through whit someone that worked longer in the company. First he couldn’t fined the problem and then the connection was broken but he called back. We started the process again and miraculously the card was pushed through. But the guy said while he was calling me back he had pushed a refresh button he never event used before but maybe that was what helped. So maybe call apple support and ask if they can push the refresh button on your account?

Family Sharing Payment not updating for family members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.