Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 Battery Defect?

Hi all, my Macbook M1 only have 126 cycles on it, but the battery needs a service. Only holds 1% of charge and battery health of 37%. It no longer able to charge anymore, and has a “X” sign on the battery indicator. Please help me, apple. My warranty has expired. Its still brand new product, but only got battery defects within a year.

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 8:01 PM

akmal91 Said:

"Macbook Air M1 Battery Defect?: Hi all, my Macbook M1 only have 126 cycles on it, but the battery needs a service. Only holds 1% of charge and battery health of 37%. It no longer able to charge anymore, and has a 'X' sign on the battery indicator. Please help me, apple. My warranty has expired. Its still brand new product, but only got battery defects within a year."

-------

See if anything her helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 8:01 PM in response to akmal91

akmal91 Said:

"Macbook Air M1 Battery Defect?: Hi all, my Macbook M1 only have 126 cycles on it, but the battery needs a service. Only holds 1% of charge and battery health of 37%. It no longer able to charge anymore, and has a 'X' sign on the battery indicator. Please help me, apple. My warranty has expired. Its still brand new product, but only got battery defects within a year."

-------

See if anything her helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Macbook Air M1 Battery Defect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.