Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps Are Not Loading Properly After Safari Update!

My Safari is version 16.0 (17614.1.25.9.10, 17614). Recently updated. Ever since this update, maps inside the Safari browser fail to load correctly! They are stretched out. This happens with the 'On The Go Map' website (my preferred choice for mapping runs and walks). This also happens on the 'Google Maps' website. It does not happen with the 'Map My Run' website, do not like this website. I have been exploring many websites that offer mapping services, and many of them will not render maps correctly. My question is... will there be a patch for the Safari browser to remedy this annoying problem?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 6:40 AM

The problem appears to affect only certain hardware configurations. Several fixes have been proposed, including de-selecting WebGL via Metal in Safari's Develop menu: Use the developer tools in the Develop menu in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

A definitive cause has not been identified. Refer to this Discussion: Google Maps not working in Safari 16 macOS… - Apple Community

My question is... will there be a patch for the Safari browser to remedy this annoying problem?

No one other than Apple knows the answer to that question, but if Apple concludes only certain Mac hardware configurations are affected as they appear to be, I assume that they will.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 6:40 AM in response to rtscott1960

The problem appears to affect only certain hardware configurations. Several fixes have been proposed, including de-selecting WebGL via Metal in Safari's Develop menu: Use the developer tools in the Develop menu in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

A definitive cause has not been identified. Refer to this Discussion: Google Maps not working in Safari 16 macOS… - Apple Community

My question is... will there be a patch for the Safari browser to remedy this annoying problem?

No one other than Apple knows the answer to that question, but if Apple concludes only certain Mac hardware configurations are affected as they appear to be, I assume that they will.

Maps Are Not Loading Properly After Safari Update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.