Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS camera and flashlight problem

The camera and flashlight suddenly stopped working on my iPhone XS, however the camera and flash still works in the Messenger and Instagram App. The selfie camera still works in the Camera App, but the regular camera is just black (regardless of zoom or setting). I've tried a reset and an update to iOS 16.0.2 (I was previously running iOS 15). I did drop the phone once shortly before the camera stopped working, but I'm not sure if that's related since the camera still works in different apps.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 9:40 AM

If you already tried (to no avail all the steps provided in this support article:--> If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working, please contact Apple support using this link:--> Apple Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 9:40 AM in response to imnotdb

If you already tried (to no avail all the steps provided in this support article:--> If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working, please contact Apple support using this link:--> Apple Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone XS camera and flashlight problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.