Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Disappeared!

All my notes just disappeared when I opened my notes app on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7! HELP

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 11:34 AM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2022 5:41 PM in response to swanflt

Hello swanflt,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with missing notes on your Mac. Try the steps listed here to see if you can recover them: Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

"Recover recently deleted notes

You can recover and edit notes you deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or on your devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. However, you can’t recover notes you permanently removed.

1. In Notes on iCloud.com, select Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left.
  2. If you don’t see Recently Deleted, you don’t have any notes in that folder, and there’s nothing to be recovered.
  3. Select a note, then click Recover in the toolbar.
  4. The note moves to the Notes folder.
  5. If you want to move a recovered note directly to a folder you created, drag the note from the Recently Deleted folder to another folder.

Note: If you delete a shared note that you don’t own, the note doesn’t move to your Recently Deleted folder. See Delete shared notes on iCloud.com."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Notes Disappeared!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.