Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Pad Can't Connect When I try to Sign In

When I go to Settings on my I-Pad Mini, there is no button to turn off I-Messages and no button for Facetime either. It asks me to sign in with my Apple ID, which I do, and then it just "thinks" for a long time, and a message pops up saying I was unable to connect. My Wi-Fi is working and I have no problem sending other messages. I don't know what the problem is! I have looked at the instruction page on this site but it was not able to help me.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 9:36 AM

Hi marytheswimmom,

If you'd like help with signing into iMessage and FaceTime with your Apple ID, you might find this useful.

It looks like you've had the chance to review If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, but let's double-check the information in that link. Have you had the chance to try the steps below? They will help you to resolve this issue. 

Still not activated after a day? 
It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
2. Contact Apple Support.

If the issue continues, then let the community know what version of iPadOS you’re currently running. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 9:36 AM in response to marytheswimmom

Hi marytheswimmom,

If you'd like help with signing into iMessage and FaceTime with your Apple ID, you might find this useful.

It looks like you've had the chance to review If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime, but let's double-check the information in that link. Have you had the chance to try the steps below? They will help you to resolve this issue. 

Still not activated after a day? 
It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
2. Contact Apple Support.

If the issue continues, then let the community know what version of iPadOS you’re currently running. 

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

I-Pad Can't Connect When I try to Sign In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.