Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri read news

ever since updating to iOS 16, Siri refuses to read me the news headlines as it did before, is there a fix for this?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 8:32 AM

I don't believe iOS has anything to do with this, it is a problem with Apple's servers. For me some days it works, some it doesn't, sometimes I have to ask to play the NPR News Podcast, some days (on the HomePod) Siri says she can show website information if I ask on the iPhone (today). You can use this link to report it -> Feedback - iPhone - Apple but I've found it is easier just to download and install the Alexa app and use it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 8:32 AM in response to okpauljay

I don't believe iOS has anything to do with this, it is a problem with Apple's servers. For me some days it works, some it doesn't, sometimes I have to ask to play the NPR News Podcast, some days (on the HomePod) Siri says she can show website information if I ask on the iPhone (today). You can use this link to report it -> Feedback - iPhone - Apple but I've found it is easier just to download and install the Alexa app and use it.

Siri read news

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.