Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone screen broken, locked, no icloud

Storytime: I dropped my iPhone 11 two days ago and slightly cracked the screen. Despite the minor cracking, I cant click anything on the screen. It was time for a new phone anyway, and I thought verizon would be able to do the 'data transfer' or whatever you want to call it, the way they always had. In 2017 I broke my phone dramatically worse than this and they were able to do it no problem. For reasons beyond me, they no longer do this. Point is, I have a new iphone 13 pro.

Im also not very phone savvy, dont understand icloud very well, and dont have anything backed up. So now i have a new phone with just about nothing on it, just some contacts that were on my Mac, and my call history. I dont care about contacts, apps, logins, even notes. What I need is my pictures.

So far I have gone to Apple and they were unable to help. I went to another Verizon, they suggested Best Buy may still have the transfer wires/technology. This was false; Best Buy geek squad suggested getting a wire keyboard (as opposed to wireless) and a camera adapter for iphone (iphone plug on one side, USB receiver on the other) and see if I could type in my password to old phone. This was also a fail

I would use siri or face id, as I was able to send texts using siri yesterday, but the genius bar thought maybe restarting my phone would solve the problem, and obviously you cannot use face id or siri without putting in your password first. Reiterate, i cant put my password in.

I kind of want to exhaust my options before replacing the screen on an iphone 11 i just tried to get rid of. Any help welcomed.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:03 PM

It means if Apple runs into a problem while fixing the screen they may inadvertently delete all data or if there is additional damage they may have to replace the entire phone. For this situation, and if you are not planning to trade that phone with Apple, you may want to go to a competent 3rd party repair shop that can do microlevel soldering and ask them to check for the data and help you with recovery.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 12:03 PM in response to gillianrush

It means if Apple runs into a problem while fixing the screen they may inadvertently delete all data or if there is additional damage they may have to replace the entire phone. For this situation, and if you are not planning to trade that phone with Apple, you may want to go to a competent 3rd party repair shop that can do microlevel soldering and ask them to check for the data and help you with recovery.

iPhone screen broken, locked, no icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.