Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RTE Radio One Ireland Not Streaming through Apple Music on Mac or Siri on Homepod

Hi all, RTE Radio One from Ireland will not Stream on Apple Music for me, no matter what I do. It will not stream via the App on my Mac, SIRI or otherwise. It will stream through Google Devices and Tune In Radio App on my Phone etc. RTE told me to report the issue directly to Tune In and Apple as that's where the stream comes from. Thanks, Mike

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 4:07 AM

Can confirm that there's an issue with this through testing on several of our family's devices. RTE radio appears not to be working through Apple Music as of a few weeks ago. Stations play fine through TuneIn App on iOS, but fail to play in Music. After Music fails to stream RTE it will just play some random track from my music library. We got home pod for the kitchen for the main purpose of listening to Lyric FM.

Similar questions

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 4:07 AM in response to mikefromathenry

Can confirm that there's an issue with this through testing on several of our family's devices. RTE radio appears not to be working through Apple Music as of a few weeks ago. Stations play fine through TuneIn App on iOS, but fail to play in Music. After Music fails to stream RTE it will just play some random track from my music library. We got home pod for the kitchen for the main purpose of listening to Lyric FM.

Oct 31, 2022 6:37 AM in response to Jennnwa

@Jennnwa

You should re-investigate “casting” your rte player to your homepod. I’ve not had any trouble doing that, except that once you’re out of range with the casting device, it will stop playing.

If you’re casting from an iOS device, start a stream in your RTE app and then hit the lock button on the side. Wake up your device without unlocking it to reveal the lockscreen player controls. There you can change/select your homepod.

Oct 25, 2022 12:09 AM in response to Stiabhna

Agree. Not solved.

So far i’ve spent some time on the phone with apple and sent in screen recordings confirming the issue. They haven’t followed up except for a few generic follow-up emails. I’ve also corresponded with Tunein support, sent them screen recordings. They wouldn’t proceed with me any further, because they were unable to replicate the issue. It feels to me like it might be licensing/authentication issue. Are we all listening from Ireland?

Oct 25, 2022 12:55 AM in response to planky

I was on to Apple phone support. They got a senior advisor to call me and they got me to screen share my Mac with them to replicate the issue. They could see the issue and have logged it further up the chain. RTE themselves also came back to me since to say that they are also engaged with Apple now to get this fixed. So, hopefully all these actions are stirring the pot to get something done. Considering all the stations work perfectly and seamlessly on tune in etc. surely it can’t be a huge issue to sort … one would think?

Oct 31, 2022 5:54 AM in response to mikefromathenry

I am having the same issue so after reading these posts last week, I contacted TuneIn. Very friendly staff, however, 18 emails later and "it has been passed onto the technical team" reply I am no further than that. There is no cast button in the new RTE player app so you have to "do" it for the homescreen. So I have deleted TuneIn and about to cancel my subscription to Apple as it is going up to €10.99 a month- for what?? I stupidly bought 2 homepods so I could interact with it verbally and doesn't work with Irish radio. Apple, up your game and add Irish Radio stations to Apple Music like you do with BBC Radio 4 etc.!

2 nearly new Homepods will be up for sale on DoneDeal shortly.

Apple- do not post that this scenario is resolved as it is clearly not!

If you want my subscription, a speedy response is required here.

Oct 31, 2022 7:00 AM in response to planky

Yes thank you Planky. I should have said Lock Screen instead of Home Screen in my post. I have that working ok. It would be nicer if RTÉ would put a cast button in app for efficiency. I’m using iOS (for now).

Found some links on YouTube… same problem with BBC channels January 2021. Hopefully, ye won’t have to wait that long!

RTE Radio One Ireland Not Streaming through Apple Music on Mac or Siri on Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.