Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I configure the DND mode in a way that it silences phones calls notifications etc

I'm new to iOS and I was trying to create a DND schedule (from 11PM to 7AM every day) but I can still receive normal phone calls and hear the lock sound even when this is turned on. All I want is to silence these calls, notifications but to still be able to hear media sounds. I'd really appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:19 PM

• Open Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From (this is not intuitive!)
  • Add any people you want to be able to reach you. If it’s none, don’t add any
  • If you don’t add any people the setting means “allow Notifications From NO ONE"
  • You can optionally allow phone calls from certain people; if you don’t want calls from anyone choose Allowed People Only (as there are no allowed people, this blocks everyone)
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 1:19 PM in response to Marinel03

• Open Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From (this is not intuitive!)
  • Add any people you want to be able to reach you. If it’s none, don’t add any
  • If you don’t add any people the setting means “allow Notifications From NO ONE"
  • You can optionally allow phone calls from certain people; if you don’t want calls from anyone choose Allowed People Only (as there are no allowed people, this blocks everyone)

Oct 3, 2022 2:34 PM in response to Marinel03

Marinel03 wrote:

I've done that already but I don't like that instead of silencing the calls it will decline them

I just tested it. If I have "Allow Repeated Calls" turned on, the caller hears four rings and it goes to voice mail. If I have "Allow Repeated Calls turned off, the caller hears four rings, and then it goes to voicemail. Same thing regardless. The only difference is, if the caller calls back within three minutes, it will override Focus and the ring will be audible.

How do I configure the DND mode in a way that it silences phones calls notifications etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.