Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Camera Glare

Has anyone experienced a camera glare issue when near or in direct sunlight when using the 0.5x, 1x, and 2x camera zoom levels? It seems to cause a blue hue/sunlight streaking in the photo. I have tried without a case, with a case, with a lens protector, and without a lens protector and I get the same issue. Have tried with both an iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max and so far only got the issue on the Pro. Photos below were all taken from the same spot, facing south, direct sunlight and got the hue on 0.5x and 1x. Tried on a Pro Max and did not get the hue on any lenses.

0.5X

1X

3X

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 1:08 PM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2022 9:30 AM in response to jddemoss

Hi jddemoss,

You can test using different camera modes when taking photos in direct sunlight. The article here can help: Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For further help with your iPhone camera test the steps below found in the article here: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

"Remove case, accessory, or film and test

1. Remove any case, accessory, or film that might block the camera or flash or that places a magnet near the camera.
  2. Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
  3. Test the LED flash:
    1. Try the flashlight in Control Center on your iPhone or Control Center on your iPad. On an iPhone X or later or an iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
    2. Tap the Flashlight button Flashlight icon."

Continue with the additional steps in the section "If you want to try more steps on your own." If the issue remains, reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best.

Oct 9, 2022 10:14 AM in response to jddemoss

Hi,

I have the same issue on my Iphone 14 Pro. I have compared it to my girlfriends phone, Iphone 13 and my friends phone Iphone 12 Pro Max, and I also have Pixel 6...

From all of those phones, only Iphone 14 Pro has glare...

Is there any solution for this?

I don't have a screen protector or any protective film on my camera. So there isn't anything I can remove that might be blocking the camera. My flash is also fine, works like it should.

Thank you

iPhone 14 Pro Camera Glare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.