Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone upgrade lost some contacts (using icloud)

Migration went fine, except some newer contacts (from the last several years) on the old phone didn't come over to the new phone. I used the iCloud migration from a recent backup. I logged into iCloud & it only seemed to have the older set of contacts. So in summary: Old phone still has all contacts, New phone has some (older) contacts and iCloud also has some (older) contacts (same as New phone).

I want to get my contacts from Old phone to both the New phone and iCloud before I get rid of the Old phone. What's the best way to do that? Or is that even possible?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 7:31 PM

Backing up on a computer is alive and well to this day. Click here 👉 To learn how to backup your iPhone to a computer.

Axel F.

3 replies

Oct 3, 2022 2:18 PM in response to Steven Hurd

Are those some (newer) contacts on the old phone, that did not migrate, associated with an email address outside of iCloud? For example, they may have been saved with GMAIL contacts or OUTLOOK contacts or YAHOO or HOTMAIL contacts etc. If this is the case, then adding and activating that email address on your New phone should bring those back.

If the above is not the case, then I recommend that you backup your old phone on a computer and then restore your new phone from that backup.

Axel F.

iPhone upgrade lost some contacts (using icloud)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.