Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max CarPlay issues: Reported that my voice sounds very faint to person called

Anyone else experiencing CarPlay (plugged in) issues such as phone calls being reported as faint or 'in a tunnel?' I can hear the person just fine but supposedly my voice is extremely weak on their end. I was using iOS 16.0.2 on my 13 pro max two days ago and did not experience this at all.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 1:04 PM

I’m having CarPlay problems also. With my iPhone 14 pro. My CarPlay connects my car screen is black. I also have no microphone sound with apps, for example Waze or Google maps.

I’ve tried every trick in the book but CarPlay is still not working!

I don’t know if my phone calling has the same problem as I’ve not made a call yet.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 1:04 PM in response to mario49

I’m having CarPlay problems also. With my iPhone 14 pro. My CarPlay connects my car screen is black. I also have no microphone sound with apps, for example Waze or Google maps.

I’ve tried every trick in the book but CarPlay is still not working!

I don’t know if my phone calling has the same problem as I’ve not made a call yet.

Oct 5, 2022 10:09 AM in response to rickce7

Hello rickce7,

This page here can help out with providing steps for issues with CarPlay not working as expected: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
•If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
•If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
2. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
3. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
4. Make sure that Siri is on.
5. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
5Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

Cheers.

iPhone 14 Pro Max CarPlay issues: Reported that my voice sounds very faint to person called

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.