Weak voice with Jabra hearing aids

When I use my Jabra hearing aids with my iphone 14 on a phone call, the recipient can hardly hear my voice. If I switch to speaker or iphone instead of hearing aids they can hear me very well. Seems like a design flaw in Apple circuitry.

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 1:31 PM

Problem solved: Jabra support explained that this is due a new Apple feature in iphone 14, maybe earlier, I'm not sure. Triple clicking on iphone's right button brings up a detailed screen enabling hearing aid adjustments. Scroll down to bottom revealing "Mic input" and click to "off". When it's set to on, the phone is using the microphones in the hearing aids, not the mic in the phone. When it's "on", you are speaking through your hearing aids.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2023 1:31 PM in response to razmee209

Problem solved: Jabra support explained that this is due a new Apple feature in iphone 14, maybe earlier, I'm not sure. Triple clicking on iphone's right button brings up a detailed screen enabling hearing aid adjustments. Scroll down to bottom revealing "Mic input" and click to "off". When it's set to on, the phone is using the microphones in the hearing aids, not the mic in the phone. When it's "on", you are speaking through your hearing aids.

Jan 24, 2024 1:35 AM in response to jabraproblem

I just solved this problem for my iPhone 15. Was having the exact same issue. What solved this for me with my Jabra headphones was going into my Bluetooth device settings.

There is a small blue i in a circle on the far right side next to the device name where all of your Bluetooth devices are listed. You’ll want to click that blue i and then click “device type” where you can select a number of options. I selected headphones but for your case, you’d select “hearing aids”

settings > bluetooth > clicking on the jabra device name > blue i icon > device type

Hope this helps!

Nov 30, 2023 10:23 AM in response to jabraproblem

jabraproblem wrote:

When I use my Jabra hearing aids with my iphone 14 on a phone call, the recipient can hardly hear my voice. If I switch to speaker or iphone instead of hearing aids they can hear me very well. Seems like a design flaw in Apple circuitry.

IF it works on the speaker and iphone then it's not an Apple issue as they don't manufacture Jabra. Suggest you contact Jabra support and let them know their design flaw.

Feb 17, 2024 3:31 PM in response to jabraproblem

So: when I receive a phone call, before I can hear the caller or the caller can hear me, I have to right click the right button 3 times, bring up the screen enabling hearing aid adjustments, scroll down to the bottom to find the Mic Input and click it to Off. I also don't understand why you want it "Off"...in the last sentence you say that when it's "ON" I am speaking through my hearing aids. Isn't that what I want? Don't I want to hear through my hearing aids? What do I do to allow myself to hear through my hearing aids.

Maybe I'm missing something in your explanation.

Seems like a long process.

Mar 13, 2024 8:03 AM in response to razmee209

Trying out a pair of Enhance Select 300. At first, the phone mic did not work at all though it cut off audio to the phone/speaker. Turned OFF mic and used as I do with my old HAs.

Turned phone mic ON again and it works. Phone in my pocket I can hear caller (tinny) and caller can hear me through phone mic. However, I am told it sounds like I am next to running water. I have not spoken with Jabra Support yet as my orientation meeting is next week.

Side note, not happy the Enhance Select do not have an Apple Watch app.

Weak voice with Jabra hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.