Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time on lock screen

The time on my Lock Screen is almost see through. I have no clue how to fix it. I have done everything. Can someone help

with this please?

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 4:41 PM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2022 2:35 PM in response to braydn96

Hello braydn96,

We recommend to try the following steps to see if this helps with editing the appearance of the time on your Lock Screen:

1. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.
  2. Change the Lock Screen image you have chosen to see if the issue is related to the Lock Screen background. If it happens with multiple photos, that lets you know the problem is not related to the image.
  3. Did you try changing the time to multiple different font colors to see if any made a difference? If it happens with multiple fonts and colors, it may be expected behavior.

If you have tried all these steps and still need help, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance. Here's information on how to Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

Oct 5, 2022 10:40 AM in response to braydn96

Hi braydn96,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities.

We understand that you want to change the transparency of the time on your Lock Screen. You can edit your Lock Screen using the Customize button.

Touch and hold the Lock Screen until the Customize button appears at the bottom of the screen.
If the Customize button doesn’t appear, touch and hold the Lock Screen again, then enter your passcode.
Swipe to the Lock Screen you want to edit, then tap the Add New button
Change the style of the time: Tap Customize, tap the time, then select a font, color, and shade by tapping the Custom Color button

The steps provided can be found in iPhone Use Guide Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen to make changes to the appearance of your time.

Regards.

Time on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.