You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail changes my last name to all caps

How do I stop Apple mail in mac os from changing my last name to all caps every time I type it at the end of an email?

Patrick D u n d o n changes to Patrick D U N D O N

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 4:22 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2022 5:01 AM in response to Pdundon

Pdundon wrote:

How do I stop Apple mail in mac os from changing my last name to all caps every time I type it at the end of an email?

Patrick D u n d o n changes to Patrick D U N D O N

Check your Contacts app

Search "Previous Recipients" list and remove the offending entry...

from the menu bar Mail.app>Window>Previous Recipients

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Oct 4, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Pdundon

Interesting but at sometime can not see this happening based Solely Upon can not duplicate this.

Below is Signature associated with iPhone 14 iOS 16.0.2 is way different than from Apple Mail > >Signature

The two signatures do not appear to Sync from 1 iOS device to any of the 3 Apple Computers in this Stable of machines. Two are Monterey 12.6 and one antiques Mac Mini 2011 still locked to High Sierra

Side note - the Auto Correct on all computers is turned On in Keyboard Setting. Have setup when typing mini is All Lower case, even as I type this now the Mini becomes Caps the for the Letter m in Mini

Go figure 😀

PS - this there an Gammarly application in this configuration ?

EDITED - add info

Apple mail changes my last name to all caps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.