Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini is dead

Hello. I had this iPad since 2013 and I tried charging it last year. It worked and turned on but the iPad screen turns all white and I cant charge it again. Is there a way I can revive it and use it normally again, there are photos and notes that I still would like to keep that I didnt back up

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 4:03 AM

As described, the [neglected] battery is very likely dead. Unless you are able to power-on the iPad and successfully enter the iPad Passcode, you’ll not be able to recover any data or files from the device. The iPad uses an encrypted filesystem; unlocking the iPad with its Passcode unlocks the iPad security-chip (the Secure Enclave) and releases the encryption keys that are required to access data to the Operating System.

You might attempt to charge the iPad overnight in an attempt to revive the battery. Otherwise, if you have synchronised photos and files with iCloud, you may be able to access them by using a web-browser:

https://icloud.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 4:03 AM in response to bat-amgalan80

As described, the [neglected] battery is very likely dead. Unless you are able to power-on the iPad and successfully enter the iPad Passcode, you’ll not be able to recover any data or files from the device. The iPad uses an encrypted filesystem; unlocking the iPad with its Passcode unlocks the iPad security-chip (the Secure Enclave) and releases the encryption keys that are required to access data to the Operating System.

You might attempt to charge the iPad overnight in an attempt to revive the battery. Otherwise, if you have synchronised photos and files with iCloud, you may be able to access them by using a web-browser:

https://icloud.apple.com

iPad mini is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.