Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are there spinning arrows next to a disc in a Finder window?

I use a 2TB external drive for backup with Time Machine. It is always connected to my iMac (OS 11.2). I do a manual backup every night before I go to bed. I've noticed that spinning arrows are displayed next to the name of that disc in a Finder window in the morning when I get on the computer, which is never turned off. Time Machine indicates that the backup finished shortly after it started, which is normal. What's going on and what does that indicate?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:33 PM

Q - " It is always connected to my iMac (OS 11.2) " Released somewhere in Mach 2021

A - The user ( you ) may what to update the computer to the current version of Big Sur which is 11.7 Released sometime in September 2022

A - There are a pile of Big Fixes along the journey to eventually being fully up-to-date which may directly to the computers original issue outlined above

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2022 2:33 PM in response to MikeC_2001

Q - " It is always connected to my iMac (OS 11.2) " Released somewhere in Mach 2021

A - The user ( you ) may what to update the computer to the current version of Big Sur which is 11.7 Released sometime in September 2022

A - There are a pile of Big Fixes along the journey to eventually being fully up-to-date which may directly to the computers original issue outlined above

Why are there spinning arrows next to a disc in a Finder window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.