Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block emails from “no sender?”

How can I block emails with no sender?

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 4:53 PM

There is no email address to block; it is an advertising email with no return address.

4 replies

Oct 6, 2022 5:07 PM in response to Bob52545

Bob52545,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. If unable to block the email, you may be able to report the email as junk so these emails don't show up in your Inbox but instead get routed to your Junk folder. You can also try adjusting your privacy settings, or use an iCloud email alias.

For steps on how to adjust your privacy settings, report junk mail, or set up an email alias check out this link here: Report and block spam in iCloud mail - Apple Support

Adjust your Mail Privacy Protection settings
Spammers use the email image-loading feature to determine whether your email account is active. Here's how to keep images from loading automatically:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Privacy Protection.
2. Turn on Protect Mail Activity.

Learn more about Mail Privacy Protection on iPhone.

Consider using an iCloud email alias
You can use an iCloud email alias to prevent junk mail from being sent to your primary iCloud email address. For example, you can use your primary iCloud email address for emailing friends and family, but use an email alias for online registrations, purchasing products, and joining mailing lists. This makes it easier for you to monitor the sources of unwanted messages. 

Learn how to create and use an email alias on iCloud.com and how to use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on your devices.

Report junk mail
To make sure future messages from the same sender are marked as junk, you can report messages as junk in the Mail app. 
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, swipe left on the message, tap More, then tap Move to Junk. 
- On your Mac, select the message and click the Junk button in the Mail toolbar. Or you can drag the message to the Junk folder in the sidebar.
- On iCloud.com, select the message, then click the Flag button and choose Move to Junk. Or you can drag the message to the Junk folder in the sidebar.

Let us know if this is able to help.

Cheers!

Nov 8, 2022 2:35 PM in response to Chris_V89

This is of no help because again - there is No Sender address to flag on any device in any email provider to Junk. Email providers should do what they need to do to deny delivery of No Sender emails. If there is no sender address the system should return it to the ether.

In another wrinkle these messages are being delivered addresses to an @aol.com email account that I do not and never have had. How that is possible I would also like to know.

How can I block emails from “no sender?”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.