Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HAVE TO LOG IN EVERYTIME MY MAC SLEEPS

I recently had my MacBook Pro worked on at the local authorized dealer. They changed the password when they restored the system. I have changed the password, but if my Mac sleeps it takes me to the login page. What do I need to do to have my desktop stay on so I don't have to log in repeatedly. I went to System Preferences>Users & Groups. Clicked login options and chose Automatic Login with my user name. To check I closed my MacBook and when I opened it the same result where I had to log in again.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 1:14 PM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2022 9:07 AM in response to DRR84

Greetings DRR84,

Begin by logging out of all accounts on your Mac, then sign in with only your user account.

Log out of your account on your Mac

"Log out of your account on your Mac

At any time, you can log out of your user account on your Mac.

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Log Out. 
  • If you don’t want app windows that are open to reopen when you log back in, deselect “Reopen windows when logging back in.”

If your Mac is set up for multiple users, other users can log in after you log out."

Take care.

Oct 6, 2022 9:17 AM in response to DRR84

Also, you can go to:

System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Click the lock at the bottom left of the window - Put in Password if prompted - Go to General - Uncheck "Require password__________ after sleep or screensaver begins"

If that doesn't work you can always try changing the time that the password is required after the sleep or screen saver begins.

This can be done by following the steps above and rather than unchecking the "Require password" option, you just change the time at which it requires the password, whether if its 1 hour or 8 hours after the computer sleeps.

HAVE TO LOG IN EVERYTIME MY MAC SLEEPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.