Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and Dictation is not working in iOS 16 (even in the latest version: 16.0.2)

I used to use dictation when I type in multiple languages (English - UK, French - France and Cantonese - Hong Kong). And after I have updated to the latest version of IOS 16, dictation of all languages becomes not working at all.

Even my Siri is not working. Actually I can use the Hey Siri function in Cantonese - Hong Kong. But when I speak anything or tell Siri any request after I said 'Hey Siri' and Siri responded to me, Siri always processes so long and says 'An error has occurred, please try again'.

I think that the Siri and Dictation function has bugs and cannot detect what I have said to both Siri and keyboard dictation, given the fact that my microphone is definitely operating normally!

Do any of you know how can I fix this? Or is it really an error or bug that Apple has to fix in the coming iOS version?

My device: iPhone XR

My iOS version: 16.0.2

I would love to hear your replies no matter on your experiences or any solutions! Please kindly comment and discuss!

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 4:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Siri and Dictation is not working in iOS 16 (even in the latest version: 16.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.