Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods glitching, not syncing, not connecting

This started happening yesterday - only one Airpod connects to my phone and actually works now, they don’t want to sync together. Yesterday, both connected to my phone but started glitching so only one of them ended up working every time.

I’ve cleaned them, reset them, the phone, the apps, charged them, updated my phone (which is also new), I literally tried everything and they still won’t work.

They’re 2 months old, phone is just under a month.

I don’t know what else to do other then take them back to the store and exchange them for a new pair.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:04 AM

"Airpods glitching, not syncing, not connecting: They’re 2 months old, phone is just under a month. I don’t know what else to do other then take them back to the store and exchange them for a new pair."

-------

Troubleshooting Glitching AirPods:

I. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

II. Getting a New Pair...

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You might have faulty AirPods. So, contact Apple, seeing if you can get this replaced. Important: Have your order invoice with you when calling them. Hold old are these. Note that you have a one year, out-of-the-box limited warranty on these. So, if less and one year old, or if you covered AppleCare with these, then see if getting these replaced by Apple would be free of charge to you.  Start here: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair - Apple Support

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 5:04 AM in response to kay_154

"Airpods glitching, not syncing, not connecting: They’re 2 months old, phone is just under a month. I don’t know what else to do other then take them back to the store and exchange them for a new pair."

-------

Troubleshooting Glitching AirPods:

I. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

II. Getting a New Pair...

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You might have faulty AirPods. So, contact Apple, seeing if you can get this replaced. Important: Have your order invoice with you when calling them. Hold old are these. Note that you have a one year, out-of-the-box limited warranty on these. So, if less and one year old, or if you covered AppleCare with these, then see if getting these replaced by Apple would be free of charge to you.  Start here: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair - Apple Support

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Airpods glitching, not syncing, not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.