Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro 1 gen. Ghost notifications "Find My"

Hello,

Since a couple of weeks, when I leave my Airpods Pro 1 gen at home and then I left home without them, I get after a while a notification from "Find My" that I left my airpods in a random place I have just been, for instance in a restaurant. But the airpods are at my home.

The first time, I was scared. Now, it is becoming quite regular.

I unpaired the Airpods Pro 1 gen and pair them again. I did reset the Airpods Pro 1 gen. I did hard reset the iphone... To no avail, the message keep popping up nevertheless.

Maybe I should reset network setting but then I would lose a lot of passwords..., that's quite inconvenient.

Any suggestion, is more than welcome.

C.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 10:14 PM

Solved.

Actually, I removed the aipods Pro from Find My, then removed as well through Bluetooth, reset them and paired again on the iPhone.

Last time I paired them with the Ipad, so looks that was the issue of the ghost notifications. Since, Find My works perfectly.

Cheers.

9 replies

Oct 6, 2022 10:39 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you again TheLittles.

I think i have not the knowledge to understand your point.

My problem is that:

1. the AP pro 1 remain at home,
  2. I leave home with my iPhone but not the AP pro 1
  3. After a while, I get a notification that my AP pro 1 have been left in XX street.
  4. This is not possible as my APpro are at home.
  5. The place where Find My says I left my AP pro, is one I have stopped by or just passed by.
  6. When looking at findMy, my AP pro 1 are showing at home.

How could I solve this? What is creating this issue?

Thanks again.

C.

Oct 5, 2022 4:59 AM in response to Cbatx1

Cbatx1 Said:

"Airpods Pro 1 gen. Ghost notifications 'Find My': Hello, Since a couple of weeks, when I leave my Airpods Pro 1 gen at home and then I left home without them, I get after a while a notification from "Find My" that I left my airpods in a random place I have just been, for instance in a restaurant. But the airpods are at my home.[...]"

-------

About Location Services and AirPods:

Note that the location shown is based off of the last time the device they were connected to was itself connected to the internet. This is because they do not have their own IP Address. So, that is why they are showing up at this "random place [you] have just been"

Oct 5, 2022 10:36 PM in response to Cbatx1

Cbatx1 Said:

"Airpods Pro 1 gen. Ghost notifications 'Find My': Thank you TheLittles. I sorry to say that I did not understand your answer. What would be the solution, in your opinion? This is a new behavior, never happen in the more than a year I have them. Any possible solution? Thanks again."

-------

The Syncing Is the Culprit:

They are showing up at the place you were formerly at because the device that these are paired with was with you. But, the AirPods are at your house ---the place that paired device is not at. There really is nothing to solve here. It all has to do with syncing between devices. If that paired device is at your house, then that is where the location is going to show. So, all is fine.

Oct 6, 2022 1:52 AM in response to TheLittles

Thank you again. So, If I got it right, the airpods Pro stay at home. When separating from my Iphone, they are still paired for a certain time. Then, when they unpair, say at a coffee shop that it is far from my home, find my thinks that's the moment i left the airpods behind.

So, the problem should be the airpods pro not communicating they are uncoupled?

Best regards,

Carlos

Oct 6, 2022 3:20 AM in response to Cbatx1

Cbatx1 Said:

"Airpods Pro 1 gen. Ghost notifications 'Find My': […]When separating from my IPhone, they are still paired for a certain time. […]So, the problem should be the airpods pro not communicating they are uncoupled?

———-

Unpairing the AirPods:

They are paired until they are unpaired. So, once you unpair them, and they show nowhere.

Airpods Pro 1 gen. Ghost notifications "Find My"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.