Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly no sound coming in to Logic from Focusrite Scarlet 4i4

I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018 and I run macOS Monterey 12.6.

I have the newest version of Logic 10.7.4

Focusrite has worked fine with Logic. But after some update, I guess, It has stopped working.

The sound comes fine in to the same track if I use Macs internal microphone.

And the sound comes in fine in to my mac from the Focusrite Scarlet. But it does not go through to Logic.

What shall I do?

I have attached:

1 A picture of System preferences where you can see sound coming in from Focusrite Scarlet in to the Mac.

2 A picture showing sound coming in to Logic from my internal microphone.

3 My audio settings in Logic showing Scarlet 4i4 as input device

4 no sound coming in to Logic from Scarlett 4i4

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 11:37 AM

Hi there, my take on your issue is: most likely, you've selected a wrong physical input in Logic. Try selecting all available Scarlett's inputs one by one to troubleshoot this until you hear the incoming audio.

Anyway, what generation is your Scarlett device? What's the audio signal source you're trying to record (mic or line/instrument)?

If it's a condenser mic, then you may need to switch on phantom power to boost its signal (please, be EXTRA careful with that if you're using a dynamic mic, as these don't like phantom power..)

Recent Scarlett interfaces (gen 2 and 3) are class-compliant, so no driver is necessary. The very first one though required drivers, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, if you have Focusrite Control app installed, there's a chance that some settings in this app might have resulted in muting the inputs. An obvious solution is to open the app and unmute inputs there.

So, that's it in a nutshell (and a bit of all over the place, so apologies for that). For more detailed troubleshooting more info / details might be required from your side. Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2022 11:37 AM in response to Hogni

Hi there, my take on your issue is: most likely, you've selected a wrong physical input in Logic. Try selecting all available Scarlett's inputs one by one to troubleshoot this until you hear the incoming audio.

Anyway, what generation is your Scarlett device? What's the audio signal source you're trying to record (mic or line/instrument)?

If it's a condenser mic, then you may need to switch on phantom power to boost its signal (please, be EXTRA careful with that if you're using a dynamic mic, as these don't like phantom power..)

Recent Scarlett interfaces (gen 2 and 3) are class-compliant, so no driver is necessary. The very first one though required drivers, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, if you have Focusrite Control app installed, there's a chance that some settings in this app might have resulted in muting the inputs. An obvious solution is to open the app and unmute inputs there.

So, that's it in a nutshell (and a bit of all over the place, so apologies for that). For more detailed troubleshooting more info / details might be required from your side. Cheers!

Suddenly no sound coming in to Logic from Focusrite Scarlet 4i4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.