Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud

Hi

I'm struggling to back up my contacts on my Icloud.

Please can you help with this?

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 8:45 AM

iCloud Contacts is a syncing service and is not part of iCloud Backup.

See instructions in: Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

One common issue is that the contacts that don't sync are 3rd party contacts such as Goggle or Yahoo. See the "Set iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders as your default" section of If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support and see other sections of that support article for other issues if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 8:45 AM in response to rprince500

iCloud Contacts is a syncing service and is not part of iCloud Backup.

See instructions in: Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

One common issue is that the contacts that don't sync are 3rd party contacts such as Goggle or Yahoo. See the "Set iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders as your default" section of If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support and see other sections of that support article for other issues if needed.

Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.