Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new phone was set up without backing up from the icloud. I no longer have the old phone but need the everything that was on the old phone. When I go to backups, it shows the old phone back up, but it will only allow me to delete it.

My new phone was set up without backing up from the icloud. I no longer have the old phone but need the everything that was on the old phone. When I go to backups, it shows the old phone back up, but it will only allow me to delete it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:27 AM

You will have to wipe the new phone and, when setting up again, this time accept the restore from backup offer

Settings, General, Transfer or Reset iphone, erase all content and settings.

That's the only way to restore a backup.

Anything new on the new phone eg new photos will be wiped so move them elsewhere first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 7:27 AM in response to 01-07-07

You will have to wipe the new phone and, when setting up again, this time accept the restore from backup offer

Settings, General, Transfer or Reset iphone, erase all content and settings.

That's the only way to restore a backup.

Anything new on the new phone eg new photos will be wiped so move them elsewhere first.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.