iCloud backup from old phone to new

If I log into my iCloud on my new I phone without backing up my old device, then back up my iCloud on old phone can I re-sync my new phone to have the data my old phone had once it is backed up?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 7:16 PM

To use a backup from your old iPhone, you’ll need to erase your new iPhone. You’ll lose any data saved on your new iPhone when you erase it and set it up with a backup from your old iPhone unless you make copies of it elsewhere.

The following support article can help you restore your new iPhone using an iCloud Backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 7:16 PM in response to Jotrum03

To use a backup from your old iPhone, you’ll need to erase your new iPhone. You’ll lose any data saved on your new iPhone when you erase it and set it up with a backup from your old iPhone unless you make copies of it elsewhere.

The following support article can help you restore your new iPhone using an iCloud Backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Oct 7, 2023 7:42 PM in response to Jotrum03

Jotrum03 Said:

"iCloud backup from old phone to new: If I log into my iCloud on my new I phone without backing up my old device, then back up my iCloud on old phone can I re-sync my new phone to have the data my old phone had once it is backed up?"

-------

Successfully Re-Transferring to a New iPhone:

When transferring, this is the Quick Start is the best router to date: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, reset your new iPhone to factory settings, and then perform Quick Start transfer.

iCloud backup from old phone to new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.