Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other networks" problem/solution

So this isn't actually a question but rather a working solution to a problem I came across recently after resetting network settings in iOS.

I couldn't find a solution to this problem in the Apple Community but rather found 3 cases of similar questions all marked as "solved" despite either the solution not addressing the actual problem or not actually working (at least for me).

"This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other networks"

If you get this message when trying to connect to Wi-Fi, the solution is simply to temporarily turn off location services and join the Wi-Fi network, then turn location services back on. This worked for me. I have no idea what causes this issue but it's kinda weird since I had no problem connecting to Wi-Fi before resetting network settings.

Here are the other threads that incorrectly "solved" this issue in case anyone wants to fix them since once "solved", there is no option to reply to those threads.

unable to join network iphone this networ… - Apple Community

Wi-Fi connection error - Apple Community

Having trouble connect to Wi-Fi Network f… - Apple Community

All "solved" by the same person.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 6:46 AM

So the solution if you get this message when trying to connect to Wi-Fi, is simply to temporarily turn off location services and join the Wi-Fi network, then turn location services back on. This worked for me. I have no idea what causes this issue but it's kinda weird since I had no problem connecting to Wi-Fi before resetting network settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 6:46 AM in response to darkpyksel

So the solution if you get this message when trying to connect to Wi-Fi, is simply to temporarily turn off location services and join the Wi-Fi network, then turn location services back on. This worked for me. I have no idea what causes this issue but it's kinda weird since I had no problem connecting to Wi-Fi before resetting network settings.

"This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other networks" problem/solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.