Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Print from Macbook Air to Canon D530

MacBook Air M2 --> Canon D530 printer No specific driver download is available from Canon for a Mac to print to the Imageclass D530 printer. The D530 does not have wifi connection. Is there any way to get the MacBook Air to print to the Canon D530 via USB connection? Should I try installing a driver for another model printer to see if it may work? Is there a possibility the Windows driver that is available, may work on the Mac?

I have heard of printing from an SD card. Does a driver need to be installed on the SD card to print? If a Mac to Canon530 driver must be on the card then I'm back to the original problem... no driver.

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:10 PM

Hi,

There appear to be drivers from Canon at https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-d530 .

If you choose Downloads -> Software & Drivers, and then select Operating System Mac and Version macOS 12, you will find:

MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.11.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 12.5.1]

Scanner Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V2.15.10 [macOS 10.12.6 - macOS 12.5.1]

I do not know whether anything here would work with your computer and a USB connection, though.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 2:10 PM in response to ejbpesca

Hi,

There appear to be drivers from Canon at https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageclass-d530 .

If you choose Downloads -> Software & Drivers, and then select Operating System Mac and Version macOS 12, you will find:

MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.11.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 12.5.1]

Scanner Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V2.15.10 [macOS 10.12.6 - macOS 12.5.1]

I do not know whether anything here would work with your computer and a USB connection, though.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

How to Print from Macbook Air to Canon D530

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.